About the Role
- To plan and implement the curriculum under the guidance of the Principal to ensure a well-run, purposeful, engaging and child-centred programme responsive to children’s needs and aligned to the principles spelt out in the standard ECCE Framework.
Create a learner-centred environment where children can explore, experiment and interact to learn.
Support and work together with the Principal and other centre staff in enhancing the quality of children’s educational experience.
To establish good relationships with parents as partners in care and education.
Create a safe learning environment and to provide the best possible care to children and under their charge.
Assisting with any other administrative matters assigned by the Principals as and when required.
* Curriculum Planning and Implementation:
* Develop and implement engaging lesson plans that align with the curriculum and educational standards.
* Foster a love for learning through age-appropriate activities that stimulate cognitive, social, and emotional development.
* Create a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages active participation and exploration.
Child Development and Assessment:
* Observe and assess each child's development, identifying areas for growth and individualized support.
* Provide constructive feedback to parents regarding their child's progress, and collaborate on strategies for improvement.
* Foster a caring and supportive atmosphere that promotes positive behavior and social skills.
Collaboration and Communication:
* Work collaboratively with other teachers and staff to create a cohesive and supportive teaching team.
* Communicate effectively with parents, providing regular updates on their child's activities, progress, and upcoming events.
* Participate in parent-teacher conferences and meetings to address individual student needs.
* Implement effective classroom management strategies to create a safe and respectful learning environment.
* Establish routines and expectations that support the development of self-discipline and responsibility among students.
* Respond promptly and appropriately to behavioral issues, seeking support when necessary.
* Engage in continuous professional development to stay updated on best practices in early childhood education.
* Attend workshops, training sessions, and conferences to enhance teaching skills and knowledge.
Diploma or Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
Recognized teaching qualification by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) in Singapore.
Passion for working with young children and a commitment to their holistic development.
Effective communication skills in English; proficiency in additional languages is advantageous.
Familiarity with the local preschool education framework and regulations.
The Preschool Teacher role in our school is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the early education journey of young learners, fostering a love for learning and laying the foundation for their future success.